AddThis Related Posts are designed to help boost on-site engagement and encourage repeat visits. These easy-to-use tools help you to highlight relevant, trending content based on your visitors’ interests and web browsing behaviors—allowing you to provide your audience with a truly personalized experience.
How Related Posts Help Boost On-site Engagement
1 Increases pageviews and audience time on-site.
When someone lands on your website for the first time it’s typically from a Google search, social media post or through a link on another website. Your goal, once that person is on your site, is to keep them there for as long as possible. The more pages they read, the better they get to know you. The better they get to know you, the more likely they are to convert.
By suggesting relevant content for each site visitor, AddThis Related Posts helps you to encourage browsing across your site. In fact, research suggests that content recommendations can increase your on-site click-through rate by up to 50%!
2 Powers a personalized site experience.
AddThis Related Posts are more than just a curated list of your most recent content. Through evaluating your visitors’ browsing history and what articles on your website are trending, the tool is able to identify which pieces of content on your site would be most relevant to your visitor—allowing you to offer personalized recommendations and increase the likelihood of a positive experience with your brand.
3 Helps to identify your most popular content.
AddThis doesn’t just provide your visitors with an enhanced digital experience, we also provide you with insights into what content is working and what content is not. The AddThis Analytics Dashboard provides metrics on content performance—which pieces are seeing the most activity and how visitors are interacting with your site. These insights are critical in determining what content you should be investing in to increase conversions and engagement.
What AddThis Related Posts Tools Offer
AddThis Pro Related Posts Tools offer the ability to match the look and feel of your website. Additionally, you’re able to select which pieces you wish to display and how you’d like them to appear.
2 Placement Flexibility
Whether it’s as a side rail, in the body of the content, at the bottom of the page, or as a toaster pop-up, you have plenty of placement options available to you that will not be invasive to the visitor but will grab their attention.
What’s Next Mobile, one of the tools in the series, provides visitors with content suggestions upon reaching the bottom of a page on their mobile phone. Meant to provide your mobile visitors with a high quality experience, this tool is designed and optimized for mobile viewing.
4 Appealing Design
AddThis Related Posts Tools are beautifully designed and will complement the level of professionalism of your website.
These tools are intuitive, so your visitors know immediately how to use them, but also easily lend themselves to be dismissed when a visitor is not ready to click through. The AddThis Related Posts Drawer* has an animation option for even greater ease-of-use.
How to Install AddThis Related Posts on Your Site
Once you’ve installed code on your website, it’s easy to get Related Posts tools up and running. There are currently 8 Related Posts tools to choose from, all of which require a simple activation process.
Frequently Asked Questions About Related Posts
- How long does it take for related posts to start working?
- It can take anywhere from 24-48 hours for the AddThis servers to load enough content from your site to generate the related posts feed. One way to speed this along is to make sure AddThis code with the correct profile ID is on all the pages you’d like to have in your feed, and to browse all those pages so our system knows to scrape those pages.
- How can I control the image and title shown in the related posts tools?
- Our system uses the Open Graph tags to determine the image, title, and URL to use in the related posts feed. It’s a good idea to have unique images and titles for every page on your site, not just for AddThis Related Posts but also for sharing to Facebook and other services
- I changed my Open Graph tags but my related posts haven’t changed. What can I do?
- Use the Rescrape URLs tool under the profile options to rescrape specific URLs, or contact AddThis support to have us rescrape your site.
- Can I hide pages that appear in my related posts?
- Use the Hidden Content tool under profile options to remove URLs from your related posts feed. You can use specific URLs like http://www.example.com/hideme.html or use a wildcard to hide more URLs like this http://www.example.com/hide-this-section/*
- Can I add specific links to the related posts tools?
- Yes, you can promote one link to the top of your related posts tool using the AddThis Pro Promote a URL feature.
How to preview your related posts feed
Enter your profile ID and domain below and click the Submit button to get a preview of your related posts feed
Click here to learn more about each Related Posts tool by type.
Sign in to your AddThis Dashboard and explore how to use these tools to customize your site, personalize your content, and wow your visitors!