Installing AddThis to your TypePad blog is easy. This visual guide will walk you through the installation process. First be sure to Get AddThis for TypePad, then follow the steps below.
- In AddThis, click the Add the menu to my blog button.
- If you’re not logged into TypePad already, you will be asked to sign in. Enter your email address or member name and password, then click Sign In.
- Under Configure, click on the checkbox for the blog you want to install the AddThis button to.
- Add Widget, and you’re done!
Blog Post Button
- Sign-in to TypePad.
- Under Quickstart > weblogs, select the weblog you want to install the AddThis button to.
- Click on the Design tab.
- Click on Saved Designs. ( If you have already created an Advanced template, skip to the next step #6.)
- Click on the Create a new design drop down menu, and select Advanced Templates. Then click Create.
- Click on the Advanced Template you just created. Then click Apply. Note: By clicking Apply, this will be your new template.
- Click on Current Design.
- Under Advanced Templates, click on Main Index Template.
- In the HTML code, search for
<$MTentryBody$>with your browser’s find or search feature (commonly in Edit > Find).
- Right after that line, copy and paste the code from AddThis.
- Finally, click Save at the bottom of the page. You’re done!