New to AMP? We got you covered! The Accelerated Mobile Pages (AMP) project is becoming all the rage in today’s mobile-friendly universe. Why? Because it decreases load time for a page on any mobile device, as well as providing other advantages that we list here.
In the meantime, let’s make sure your WordPress site is optimized for AMP. Follow our step-by-step guide below to learn how to set up AMP on your WordPress site like a superstar!
Install the AMP Plugin
- Log in into your WordPress Dashboard, navigate to the left-hand side to plugins > add new
- In the search bar on the right, search for “AMP”
- Select ‘AMP for WordPress’ > install now > hit activate after it is installed.
Additional Plugins Needed
You will need to make sure your site has 2 additional plugins for AMP to stick on your WordPress site
- Yoast SEO: This should be installed on your WordPress site already. If not, we highly recommend it! It helps improve your SEO on WordPress (and it will be needed for AMP).
- Glue for Yoast SEO & AMP: This plugin makes sure AMP and your meta-data are fully integrated to your WordPress pages.
Time to make your AMP pages look like your own! There are two ways to customize:
- On the left side of your dashboard > appearance > AMP > Design. This is the simplest customizing option where you can change your header text color, background color, color scheme, etc.
- On the lower left side of the toolbar > SEO > AMP. Here is where you can enable AMP features on your pages and media pages, upload images, customize color schemes, etc.
Make sure hit ‘Save and Publish’ with any changes you make!
Now that you’ve learned how to set up AMP on your WordPress site, you can install the AddThis Inline Sharing Buttons for AMP! That’s right, we have a sharing plugin exclusively for pages running on AMP.
Was this article helpful to you?
Last modified: July 24th, 2018