We recently announced the launch of our brand new AddThis analytics. While we gave you a nice little video to give you a pretty good idea of what the new features had to offer, we thought it would help to dig a little deeper – just to make sure you aren’t missing any of the goodies! So, we’re going to do a series of blog posts, each one highlighting the four main sections of the AddThis analytics data.
Looking at the tab interface, let’s go from left to right and start with Content. We’re big fans of lists so it’s fitting we thought it would be the best way to show you the breakdown of what you can do with your Content!
1. See a breakdown of your shared content focusing on the number of shares, clicks (how many clicks or “views” the shared content garnered) and viral lift (a percentage of shares that got clicks).
2. The ability to sort by the Most Shared or Most Clicked (most clicked = most viral)
- Figure out what types of content is getting shared the most – is it about a certain topic or follow a specific format, like lists or tips?
- Do certain titles get more clicks? Maybe they are more attention-grabbing or have some sort of “buzz” word.
3. The ability to look deeper into each piece of shared content to see sharing patterns
- See recent Tweets
- Facebook Mentions – including shares, likes and comments!
- Top services that specific piece of content was shared to as well as which countries
- Top sharing referrers – see the search terms that brought users to specific pieces of content
All of these capabilities are great ways to really dig down and figure out what your users find interesting and what engages them. See a burst in shares? Narrow down the date range and zoom in on that content. Use that data to tailor your content and to make it share-worthy!
If you have ANY questions or feedback about the new analytics – not sure about a piece of data, have an idea of a feature you’d love to see – please reach out to us! (email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org) We LOVE connecting with our users.