The Audience tab is one of the most exciting parts of the new analytics. We really gave you some new and juicy data. Your audience is one of, if not THE, most important part about your site. These are the people who bring you traffic, read your content, leave comments and hopefully SHARE what they like (and maybe sometimes what they don’t like). So, this is why we felt it was important to bring you more of what AddThis had to offer about the types of people visiting your site.
Here’s a breakdown of what you are getting when you venture into the Audience tab:
1. Daily Active Audience Breakdown with 3 different types of Users
- All Sharers – all sharers from your site
- Influencers – those whose shares get traffic back to your site
- Clickers – people who click on shares
2. Top Interests of your overall audience (as well as the ability to sort them by the 3 types mentioned above)
- This allows you to tailor your content to the interests of your users for a more engaging experience — for example, if an influencer who is interested in Computers & Tech is sharing something from you site, you can program in a few more tech-y articles or an Apple advertisement, etc.
3. Top Keywords for Search Referrals – discover which search terms resulted in shares
4. Interest Comparison – how does your site’s blend of interests compare to the average?