1. According to this map, Massachusetts. Surely the land of Patriots, Paul Revere and tea parties takes their birthday celebrations very seriously!
2. The Sun. Yes, we’re talking about the big yellow, orange-ish ball in the sky! According to this top article being shared on the AddThis network, solar fireworks might be heading our way for the 4th! Well, that sounds terrifying.
3. Not St. Louis and other places in the Midwest. Due to droughts and the threat of wildfires, local officials are canceling public firework displays and encouraging residents to not set off their own pyrotechnics. We can only hope people listen! There are plenty of other ways to celebrate America. A hamburger, a backyard wiffle ball tournament … Bud Lights?!
4. Facebook. Who says you have to go to a show to see an actual fireworks display? According to the AddThis network of data, Facebook is the top social network for sharing and clicking fireworks content (see graphs below). In this age of smartphones, the chance your friends will be posting photos of their favorite ‘bangs’ and ‘booms’ is very high.
5. Insert Your County Here, USA! The AddThis tag cloud of terms most associated with “fireworks” shows us that most people are checking out their county’s show (bonus if it’s over a lake)! Can you think of a better way to spend such a civic celebration than with your neighbors?
Team AddThis is wishing you a happy and safe 4th of July holiday!