AlwaysOn announced their 6th annual OnHollywood 100 winners today, and we’re thrilled to be named in the Advertising and Marketing category! The list identifies global innovators that are developing game-changing technologies and “disrupting the Hollywood establishment and creating viable business models for the digital entertainment marketplace.”
We love helping connect movie studios and Hollywood entertainers with the audiences that will love them most. And, on the heels of being named the most innovative company in advertising data by DataWeek in August, it’s gratifying to have our media solutions for brands acknowledged again.
For more information, our press release is here and more details on the award are here. As always, thanks for being great, thoughtful partners.
Last week, I visited London for OMMA Display Europe, AdTrading Summit (ATS) and AdTech as AddThis announced the official launch of our data business for the International markets. What an exciting week! It was standing room only at ATS. Mike Nolet, Appnexus Founder and CTO, and Frank Addante, Founder and CEO of Rubicon, were excited about the energy from the EU digital media community around RTB and audience targeting. Mike called it the “second wave” of RTB that the EU was now jumping into feet first.
After over 40 meetings in 4 days with the leading companies in our space, these things were clear:
- Companies are investing in the EU – it’s not a toe in the water, but it’s not a cannon ball either. They’re testing the waters in preparation for a full dive.
- Privacy is still an issue for our industry, but that is not holding buyers or sellers back.
- Buyers are finalizing their platform partnerships, but there is still a big data void – that’s where we come in!
AddThis is excited about the opportunity to partner with our current US partners who are now fully entrenched in their International expansion as well as many new International companies that we met with during our trip.
We see over 1B unique users across the AddThis platform, and we see them over 140 times each month. That allows us to deliver micro targeted segments at massive scale worldwide. We’ve seen success in the States and can’t wait for similar results over seas.
Thanks to everyone who spent time with Art McKinely and me last week. We had a great time and enjoyed the great city of London… and of course the pubs! Let us know if you have any questions about our audiences or modeling capabilities domestically or globally. We’re always happy to help!
Today, we are announcing the AddThis Purchase Graph. Finally, a data set for audience targeting that combines offline purchase behaviors in a privacy-friendly way with online audience data! In order to make holiday plans easier, we are starting with 20 segments for seasonal campaigns, from Toys and Women’s Apparel to Gadgets and Winter Travel.
At AddThis, we use multi-graph technology in our audience modeling to find the best, most qualified prospects for brands. We start with the most precise data we can find: Seed data, whether specific by an advertiser with a pixel on their site, or from data that shows the desired user behavior (purchases!) and intent. We then project that profile onto the 253M US users we see a month, and create our audiences from the very best scoring users. Our XGraph technology layers three graphs of data – search, social and site – to enlarge the size of the ideal target audience, like retargeting with scale.
So today, we add the purchase graph to those sets of data – using offline shopping behavior as the Seed data set and modeling lookalike audiences in the US online population. This method allows for scale that only AddThis can provide.
This new targeting option enables advertisers to identify and target users based on offline and online purchasing patterns and trends.
Purchase graph audiences will be available through our top partners:
- Trading desk partners carrying purchase graph segments: Accuen, Amnet, Cadreon, Vivaki, and Xaxis
- DSPs/DMPs: DataXu, Invite, MediaMath, and Turn
Need more information? Check out our product page or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
AddThis has been global from the start. 70% of sites that use our plugins are outside the US, and we love powering sharing and social engagement all over the world. Looking across the globe and across the more than 330 social services that drive digital engagement, we have found some interesting things…
- South Korea and Norway are the most social mobile countries
- During the Olympics, there was a 30 % increase in social activity (shares and referrals) compared to an average day in 2012
- Residents of England tweet 78% more than the global average
- French users print 2X as much as the rest of the world
- Facebook is used 33% less in Germany than the rest of the world
AddThis connects with 1.3B users globally through our use of sharing tools that improve web experiences, and now AddThis launches audience segments by aggregating anonymous data from its global footprint of more than 14M websites. We have deep data, seeing an average of 140 points of data on each user, and we also have one of the widest reaches in the industry, connecting with 311M user devices in Europe alone.
AddThis is bringing that insight to advertisers in each region with the launch of global intent-based audience segments. The new products will allow customers to target consumers globally, at the regional or country level, while protecting the privacy of users.
- Which countries first? – We are beginning with localized and optimized audience segments in the United Kingdom, France and Germany with plans for additional segments in other European countries.
- Where to buy? - The audiences will be available at the leading international trading desks, demand-side platforms (DSP), data management platforms (DMP), real-time bidding (RTB) exchanges, and other local partners.
- Which categories – Automotive, Financial, Food, Gamers, Health, Movies, Politics, Retail, Technology, Telecom, Television, Travel, Women, Influencers, Sports, and Education.
Interested in partnering with AddThis on global audience segments? Please read more about our new global audience segments here or contact Arthur McKinley, Head of International Business Development at email@example.com.
** Please note that all unique figures on this chart are for user devices. Many users have more than one devices, whether it is a mobile device or desktops at home and at the office.