With Valentine’s Day less than a month away, marketers are busy rolling out ad campaigns to reach shoppers looking for the perfect gift. Make sure your programmatic campaigns reach the right audiences this Valentine’s Day with AddThis audience segments.
Super Bowl 50 is right around the corner, which means digital marketers are busy setting up campaigns to increase sales and brand awareness. To ensure you’re reaching the right audiences, we’ve put together Super Bowl segments that you can use to drive successful programmatic campaigns. Here’s a look at some of our segments:
The holiday season is here, and that means marketers are rolling out digital ad campaigns to increase sales. With so much competition out there, you might be wondering how you’re going to capture those last minute holiday shoppers — especially if you have a limited budget.
“Data as a Competitive Advantage”, the recent study from Winterberry Group and Interactive Advertising Bureau (IAB)—and sponsored by AddThis—highlighted two main business goals that respondents most wanted to utilize data to accomplish: better targeting and growing revenue. On the targeting front, marketers are having some success, with more than 71% reporting that they’ve achieved better audience understanding and segmentation through data collection.
Is big data too big? In a way, yes. Forrester recently reported that only 12% of data collected by brands is actually used! The report highlights the fact that what businesses are seeing is not necessarily a need for more data, but for better quality data.
Big data is bigger than ever, and most marketers agree that it’s important for staking out a competitive advantage and supporting business goals. According to a recent study, however, there exists a large gap between what companies believe data can help them accomplish and actually using data to meet those objectives.
At AddThis, we’re constantly analyzing data from the 1.9B unique users we see per month across our network of over 15MM websites to learn how people are engaging with content. Last December, we published the best times to post on social media during the winter holidays. That post, as well as a similar one we did earlier that year, proved so popular that we’re doing it again.
Consumers are spending an increasing amount of time in digital channels, theoretically enabling marketers to better observe consumer behavior, glean new insights, target more efficiently, and deliver a hyper-relevant consumer experience.
The best websites have mastered A/B testing, but they’re still leaving a lot of performance on the table. A/B testing without personalization is like peanut butter without jelly. If option A wins a test with 60% of your audience, the other 40% of your audience who preferred option B are left out in the cold when you take it away from them. That’s a bummer and your one-size-fits all website is doing a big disservice to a large chunk of your audience. With personalization you can have the best of both worlds by showing each visitor what they want most. Your visitors will have a more engaging experience and you’ll smile when you log into your analytics dashboard and see the results.
Hydra is great not only for continuously processing data streams, such as web logs, but also for tasks such as special data analysis, validation, troubleshooting, etc., that call for one-off jobs. Among the latter use cases, one of the more interesting and complicated cases is joining data sets. In this post, I’ll use an example to demonstrate how to join two data sets. Continue reading