1 Choose a Clean, Simple Design
To keep your user engaged with your design, use these tips when selecting and creating a website design:
- Include white space between your lines of text, around your images, and on the sides of your pages.
- Pick a signature color as the foundation across your site, then pick one or two contrasting accent colors for important buttons and other interface elements.
- Use as many relevant videos and images as possible; Content with visuals keeps your visitors engaged and can can double your unique users.
- Use an attractive type that is both consistent and unique. This makes the text clear yet intriguing.
2 Make Your Website Design Usable
- Use headers for your text, and make the rest of your content short and scannable (approximately 1,600 characters or less is ideal.)
- Give visitors feedback based on their actions, like showing confirmation pages after they submit a form.
3 Make It Mobile-Friendly
- Organize your content into individual “cards”.
- Reduce the user text entry as much as possible.
Print the 3 Steps To Create an Engaging Website (PDF) checklist and start designing!
Was this article helpful to you?
Last modified: December 15th, 2015