Updated on July 30, 2019.
AddThis Related Posts are designed to help boost on-site engagement and encourage repeat visits. These easy-to-use tools help you to highlight relevant, trending content based on your visitors’ interests and web browsing behaviors. Provide your audience with a truly personalized experience.
How Related Posts Work
Ever wonder how content recommendation tools work? Check out this post to learn more about the science behind them, and see how Related Posts are different.
If you want to see how they look “in the wild,” check out an example of how Related Posts work.
How Related Posts Help Boost Engagement
1 Increase page views and audience time on-site.
Your goal once that person is on your site is to keep them there for as long as possible. The more pages they read, the better they get to know you. The better they get to know you, the more likely they are to convert.
Use AddThis Related Posts to suggest relevant content for each site visitor and encourage browsing across your site. In fact, research suggests that content recommendations can increase your on-site click-through rate by up to 50%!
2 Power a personalized site experience.
AddThis Related Posts are more than just a curated list of your most recent content. Using your visitors’ browsing history and what articles on your website are trending, the tool identifies which pieces of content on your site would be most relevant to your visitor. This epowers you to offer personalized recommendations and increase the likelihood of a positive experience with your brand.
3 Identify your most popular content.
Don’t just provide your visitors with an enhanced digital experience. Get informed with insights into what content is working and what content is not. The AddThis Analytics Dashboard provides metrics on content performance. Discover which pieces are getting the most activity and how visitors are interacting with your site. These insights are critical in determining what content you should be investing in to increase conversions and engagement.
What AddThis Related Posts Tools Offer
Customize the styling of your tools match the look and feel of your branding. Select which pieces you wish to display and how you’d like them to appear.
2 Placement Flexibility
Whether it’s as a slider, inline within the content, at the bottom of the page, or a popup, you have plenty of placement options to grab your visitors’ attention without being intrusive.
These tools are intuitive, so your visitors know how to use them immediately.
How to Install AddThis Related Posts on Your Site
Once you’ve installed code on your website, it’s easy to get Related Posts up and running.
Frequently Asked Questions About Related Posts
- How long does it take for related posts to start working?
- It can take anywhere from 24-48 hours for the AddThis servers to load enough content from your site to generate the Related Posts feed. To quicken this process, ensure AddThis code with the correct profile ID is on all the pages you’d like to have in your feed, and browse all those pages so our system knows to scrape them.
- How can I control the image and title shown in the Related Posts?
- Our system uses the Open Graph tags to determine the image, title, and URL to use in the Related Posts feed. We recommend using unique images and titles for every page on your site (not just for Related Posts but also for sharing to Facebook and other services).
- I changed my Open Graph tags but my related posts haven’t changed. What can I do?
- Use the Rescrape URLs tool under the profile options to rescrape specific URLs. Or, contact AddThis support to have us rescrape your site.
- Can I hide pages that appear in my Related Posts?
- Use the Hidden Content tool under profile options to remove URLs from your Related Posts feed. You can use specific URLs like http://www.example.com/hideme.html or use a wildcard to hide more URLs like this http://www.example.com/hide-this-section/*
- Can I add specific links to the Related Posts?
- Yes, you can promote one link to the top of your related posts tool using the Promote a URL feature.
Click here to learn more about each Related Posts tool by type.
Sign in to your AddThis Dashboard and explore how to use these tools to customize your site, personalize your content, and wow your visitors!
Last modified: July 30th, 2019