Consistently cultivating engagement on social media is no easy task—but when done right it can drive a significant amount of traffic to your website and allow you to acquire new customers. This checklist has 7 tips for posting on social media that will help you increase engagement across your social media platforms.
- Twitter: 71 – 100 characters
- Facebook: 40 – 119 characters
- Google+: less than 60 characters per headline
Ensure the link is relevant
- Respond to mentions
- Follow or like your engaged followers
- Like posts from your engaged followers
- Monitor hashtags
- Participate in relevant conversations
- Re-write the post using different messaging
- Include a different hashtag
- Use a different call to action
- Include a different mention
- Experiment with the time of days and days of week you share your post
- Use the right social media channel for the type of content
- Post a mix of promotional, conversational, and personal posts
- Post regularly and consistently
Print this 7 Tips for Posting on Social Media (PDF) and measure your social media posting efforts against it.
Was this article helpful to you?
Last modified: December 15th, 2015