What is AddThis Pro?
- AddThis Pro is a new premium offering that provides more control over AddThis Smart Layers on your site, as well as exclusive tools, enhanced related posts personalized for each visitor, and much more.
How is it different than “regular” AddThis?
- AddThis Pro allows you to select and configure Smart Layers for your site instantly, without having to change the code in your pages. While regular AddThis users can feature trending content from their site, Pro users will be able to offer personalized recommendations which perform significantly better at recirculating traffic. Pro users also enjoy an entirely new dashboard with tool-specific analytics so they can understand how AddThis is growing traffic and visitors.
Is AddThis Pro different than Smart Layers? And what’s a “layer”?
- AddThis Pro is a collection of premium features and functionality built on top of the Smart Layers platform introduced by AddThis in 2013. Smart Layers is a suite of mobile-ready social tools and form factors that float over your pages and help visitors share your content, follow your brand, and recirculate traffic without interfering with your page designs. AddThis Pro includes exclusive Layers, as well as no-code-required instant customization and enhanced related posts.
Is AddThis Pro for everyone, or just big websites?
- AddThis Pro was designed to be awesome (and affordable) for all sites, big and small. Many of our research participants and beta testers were bloggers and small site owners.
How do I install AddThis Pro?
- If you are completely new to AddThis, just visit our homepage and click on get started. You’ll be given the option to upgrade to Pro as part of the registration process.
What if I already use AddThis?
- If you are already using AddThis tools, you can upgrade to Pro with one click. Once you have enabled AddThis Pro, be sure to check out our entire suite of marketing tools, including Audience Targeting rules.
As an AddThis Pro user, how do I configure my tools?
- You can customize some of our Pro tools installed on your site at any time by visiting your dashboard and selecting Tool Gallery. From there you will see the tools you have enabled and can customize, add or remove them instantly, no code changes required.
Can I prevent certain pages from appearing in Related Posts?
- Absolutely – this was one of the most requested features. You can hide any page URL from being displayed as a related post by going to the dashboard, selecting Content, and then selecting Hide… You can also hide any page that appears anywhere in your dashboard by hovering over that page and selecting the Hide button.
Can I control which domains appear in my dashboard?
- Yes. Select the account menu in the top right corner of the screen – look for the “person” icon – and select Domains.
How do personalized Related Posts work?
- AddThis Pro Related Posts take advantage of the full reach of the AddThis network, encompassing more than 14 million websites all over the world. This allows us to provide recommendations that are personalized for each visitor based on interests, location, and other factors that we observe on other sites. Our tools show personalized content on a user’s very first visit to your site, increasing engagement and retention of newly acquired traffic. We’re constantly working to enhance and improve the performance of this system which is currently improving click-through-rate over regular trending content – available exclusively to AddThis Pro users. The actual performance on your site will depend on a number of factors including your content shelf-life and the diversity of your users’ interests
Can I control the content that shows up in content Related Posts?
- You can currently control how Related Posts behave in several ways:
- You can feature a specific page in whatever layer you specify; initially you are limited to featuring one URL per layer
- You can hide a particular page from ever appearing as a related post in any layer
As an AddThis Pro user, your Related Posts will automatically be personalized for each of your visitors to maximize your recirculated traffic; no additional configuration is necessary – it just works!
How do I promote or feature content using AddThis Pro?
- One of the most powerful features of AddThis Pro allows you to feature a particular page in one of your Related Posts tools. To feature a page, go to your dashboard and select Content, and then select Feature. Featured content will appear in the first position of the tool you select until you remove it using the same form.
Why are related posts not appearing on my site?
- Several things need to be true before related posts will appear:
- You need to enable at least one Related Posts layer in the Tool Gallery
- Enough time and site activity needs to take place for our related posts engine to begin displaying content.
Typically you’ll see related posts within an hour, however related posts can take up to 24 hours depending on how much traffic your site receives.
Do you serve 3rd party content or ad units in Related Posts layers?
- No, related posts are only derived from content on your site.
If I own multiple domains, can I show content from my other sites in my Related Posts layers?
- Not currently, however we are considering this capability for future development.
Can I promote or feature content from my other domains in my Related Posts layers?
- Yes. To help visitors distinguish between on-site vs. off-site content, content promoted from other domains will be labeled as „Promoted“ rather than „Featured“.
Pricing and Billing
How much does AddThis Pro cost?
- A subscription to Addthis Pro starts at $10/month and will be charged monthly/annually to the credit card you specify.
What payment options are accepted?
- AddThis currently accepts VISA, Mastercard, American Express, Discover, and PayPal.
Can I upgrade later?
- You can upgrade to AddThis Pro at any time, however you will need to upgrade before being able to add any Pro-exclusive widgets, or display personalized Related Posts.
I thought AddThis was free?
- Basic AddThis tools are and will continue to be free. AddThis Pro was developed in response to feedback from our customers who wanted more control over their AddThis tools, enhanced features and more personal related posts.
Can I go back to regular AddThis?
- Yes. You can cancel AddThis Pro at any time. Please note however that once you cancel you will no longer be able to access your Pro dashboard, any Pro-exclusive layers will no longer appear, personalized related posts will be replaced by trending content and any featured content will no longer be featured.
How do I cancel?
- You can cancel AddThis Pro at any time by visiting your Plan and Billing Settings.
Was this article helpful to you?
Last modified: August 4th, 2016