If you run a hospitality business, your top goal is probably to get more online bookings. Most customers now book online, and with fast access to price comparisons and review sites, the competition is fiercer than it has ever been. To stay ahead of the game, you first have to cover the basics—make sure your booking process is streamlined and your website is mobile-friendly, and optimize your pages for search engines. Once you’ve covered those, it’s time to get smart about your online marketing. And that’s where AddThis comes in.
Increasing your online bookings is a three-step process. First, you need to get people to your website. Then, you need to make sure they stick around long enough to get a sense of who you are. And finally, you need to give them a reason to book with you, either right now or in the future. AddThis Website Marketing Tools can help you at every stage.
1 Drive more traffic to your website with shareable content.
In order to increase online bookings, you have to get more website visitors. One of the easiest and most effective ways you can do this is by creating content that your audience will want to read, and most importantly, share through social media. Here are some examples of what typically gets shared on the top networks.
- Pinterest: This is where beautiful or inspiring images get shared. Make sure your website features photography that makes people want to visit your destination. Breathtaking scenery, mouth-watering food, and impressive architecture and design are all examples of content that gets shares.
- Twitter: If you’re running a special deal or offer, people will want to tweet about it. Also, location-specific or travel news that affects the consumer are popular on this platform.
- LinkedIn: News that’s relevant to the business traveler as well as the travel industry as a whole performs well on this platform.
- Facebook: This platform is where your blog posts and articles will get the most shares. Think about what your visitors want to know. Is it the top 10 things to do in your city? The off-the-beaten path restaurants locals love? Do some search engine research with a tool like Google’s Keyword Planner and create content that addresses what users are searching for the most.
AddThis Share Buttons make it easy for your visitors to broadcast your content across social media platforms. You can choose to display which networks are most important to you and your business, or we can use our data to customize each user’s buttons based on their social media activity.
2 Keep visitors on your website longer with related posts.
A first-time visitor to your website may not be ready to book travel yet, especially if they got there through a social media post. They still need some convincing, so the more time you can keep them engaging with your website content, the better.
AddThis Related Posts allow you to serve related or popular content to your visitors. You can also dynamically display content targeted to each user’s interests. Not only are related posts a good way to extends user’s visit, it’s also a valuable learning tool for you. With the analytics dashboard, you can discover which content is actually generating conversions, and refine your strategy to take advantage of that. And speaking of conversions…
3 Improve conversions by delivering targeted messages to your audience.
Online bookings are probably your #1 conversion goal, but there are other actions you might want to focus on as well. Your website visitors are likely to be in different stages of travel planning, and you want to catch them at each one. With AddThis Audience Targeting, you can create custom messages for users based on their behavior, and where they are in the process. Here are just a few ways you can use our tools to deliver targeted marketing:
- First-time visitors: If they reached your website through content marketing, they might not be familiar with your brand, or even be looking to book. That doesn’t mean they won’t be in the future.
- Create a targeting rule for when new users browse a few pages on your website, and then deliver a pop-up asking them to subscribe to your newsletter. Then, you’ll have a way to keep them engaged until they’re ready to plan business travel or that perfect vacation.
Example: Like this article? Sign up for our newsletter to get more like this.
- Returning visitors: If a user is a repeat visitor who has never booked, there’s a good chance they’re considering doing so. A pop-up asking them to book now can help to move the process along, especially if you offer them a first-time booking deal.
Example: Ready to book? 10% off for first-time customers with this coupon code!
- Previous customers: If someone has booked with you before but hasn’t signed up for your loyalty program, you can use a pop-up to prompt them to do so. This can help to turn a one-time customer into a loyal user or brand advocate.
Example: Welcome back! Sign up for our rewards program and get 20 points toward your next booking!
Ready to use AddThis Website Marketing Tools to increase your onsite bookings? Get started for free!
Was this article helpful to you?
Last modified: June 6th, 2018