Check out the tutorial below for our video walkthrough:
If you’d like to place the button in your Tumblr blog, follow these directions. This plugin will automatically insert the AddThis button below each post in your blog.
- Login to your AddThis dashboard where you will find the code that needs to be added to your site. Grab the code and copy it.
- In your Tumblr dashboard, click Account Settings.
- A preview of your blog should load. On the top navigation, click Edit Appearance, and a drop down menu will appear, here choose Edit Theme.
- After the screen loads, choose Edit HTML and scroll all the way down. Look for a </div> tag. Copy and paste the code inside there. In this example it’s inside the <div> with the class “bottom.” It might take some trial and error to get it to show in the right place. Note that you can also use CSS to style the toolbox to get it to display just the way you want. Put that inside the <style> tag at the top of your theme.
- Click Update Preview and then click save.
If you want to use inline buttons, or buttons that show in the body of your site, simply open the tool you want to add, and you will see an additional snippet of code.
- Grab that, and copy it.
- Go back to your Tumblr site code. Somewhere around line 512 you will find the end of the closing section tag. Paste the code before that tag.
- If you want to share the post, add the code shown here: after “addthis_sharing_toolbox” so that it shares the right information.
Then choose update preview and click save.
Was this article helpful to you?
Last modified: November 20th, 2015